Custom Search

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Jessica Sanchez Wins Top 2 American Idol Season 11

The 16-year-old Sanchez is the last girl standing on American Idol this year.

Sanchez, whose mother is a Filipina, is the first American Idol contestant who has Filipino blood to make it to the show's finale. In Season 3 Filipina-American Jasmine Trias reached the contest's top 3.

On Wednesday night’s performance (Thursday in Manila), Sanchez sang three songs: Mariah Carey’s “My All,” Aerosmith’sI Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing,” and Jackson 5’s “I’ll Be There.

Tyler said, “You’ll be the last one standing here. I believe that.”

Lopez noted how Sanchez sounded like Michael Jackson in “I’ll Be There,” while Jackson said Sanchez’s rendition of “My All” was “absolutely beautiful.”

Randy Jackson also applauded Sanchez for deciding to take tough hills to climb. “Dude, you delivered,” he said.

On Thursday’s results show (Friday in Manila), however, music producer Jimmy Iovine said he thought Sanchez’s performances lacked “a magical moment.” Still, he said he hoped to see Sanchez in the finals.

Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips Message Top 2


American Idol Top 3 Related Performance May 16, 2012

Steven and Randy Advice for Top 2
Joshua Ledet - "I'd Rather Go Blind", "Imagine", "No More Drama"
Jessica Sanchez - "I'll Be There", "My All", "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing"
Phillip Phillips - "Beggin", "Disease", "We've Got Tonight"
Joshua Ledet Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment