Custom Search

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Phillip Phillips Survives Surgeries - American Idol Season 11

Phillip Phillips Underwent Surgeries


Phillip Phillips underwent eight surgeries during the american idol competition. The 21-year-old, guitar-clutching heartthrob from Leesburg, Ga., has been suffering from a "kind of not functioning" right kidney since day one, so he's gonna want to get that taken care of before he starts cutting records.
Phillips Sr. said his son suffered from a build-up of kidney stones and had to have multiple surgeries to remove them. The new champ is expected to undergo another surgery to reconstruct his kidneys, according to People. "The recovery's probably two to four weeks," his father said. "He's healthy, he's good. His kidneys are good. I can't wait for America and the whole world to see him [after his surgery], because he's a big cut-up. He's going to have some fun."
Phillip Phillips said "I'm going to get some surgery done, so I'm going to get all better for the tour,", "It was very tough [getting through the season]. I had great doctors and great people surrounding me [who] really helped out, so it's just a blessing to be here."

American Idol Judges Comment

“I couldn’t think of any other singer or band you sounded like…That was a Phillip Phillips song and there’s nothing on the radio that sounds like that,”
“By virtue of your vulnerability and style you have made the world your home my friend,” Tyler begins to prattle happily. “I heard a little Paul Simon, and other ungodlike creatures on this planet, and you were perfect tonight. And I think you are The Man,” he adds. “I said from the first, I thought he’d win, only because he’s so vulnerable. I think he’s going to be a movie star. I don’t know why, but I just think that, but I look at his face and I see James Dean,” Tyler said.


No comments:

Post a Comment